Re: Linux 2.4.25, nfs client hangs when talking to a MacOS nfs server.

From: Charles-Edouard Ruault
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 12:42:35 EST

On Mar 17, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:

På on , 17/03/2004 klokka 05:44, skreiv Charles-Edouard Ruault:

[snip]

Your Mac server is replying slooooooooowwwwwwwwllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy.
That either indicates that you have a dirty network which is losing
packets (can happen if you are mixing 10Mbps and 100Mbps segments) or
the Mac server is hanging.

Cheers,
Trond

Hi Trond,
thanks for the quick reply.
As you pointed out i've got a network which mixes 100Mbps and 1Gbps ( the mac is on 1Gps and the linux on 100Mbps ).
However i've done a little troubleshooting on the network and i achieve full 100Mbps speed scp'ing files from/to both machines.
I've also tried to use nfs over tcp instead of udp and it does not change anything.
I've got a Gigabit card for the Linux box and i've scheduled to install it within the next few days. I'll see if this helps or not.
In the meantime, any other hint is welcome.
Thanks.

Charles-Edouard Ruault
Idtect SA
tel: +33-1-42-81-81-84