Re: 2.6.4-mm2

From: Chris Mason
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 19:05:04 EST

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 18:51, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Chris Mason <mason@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Looks good, but I'm still having problems convincing pagevec_lookup_tag
> > to return anything other than 0 when called from
> > wait_on_page_writeback_range (ext2, ext3, reiserfs). Any ideas?
>
> This might help. I'm testing this path now, so there may be more changes..

Well, that's certainly a lot slower ;-) I've got a direct_read_under
round going. While you're at it, there's one more bug.

The wbc struct used by filemap_fdatawrite doesn't initialize
wbc.nonblocking to zero. stack magic might give us a 1 there, leading
to an early exit from mpage_writepages even when doing a WB_SYNC_ALL.

-chris