Re: 2.6.5-rc1-aa1

From: Diego Calleja García
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 21:03:22 EST

El Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:34:29 -0500 Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> Have a bit of caution there, cdrecord sets itself realtime priority,
> locks pages in memory, and ensures that the process is likely to work
> even under load. I don't think addressing just a part of the problem
> will result in reliability under load. You would have to look at
> capabilities to allow these things to be done, under load they may not
> keep up depending on what's going on. Good to get a start, don't assume
> all the issues are addressed.

Yes, the following message is:
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.

But since 2.6 uses DMA for recording the CPU usage is really low...I guess
people will still use suid for that :)