Kernel debugging via serialline.

From: Soeren Noehr Christensen
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 07:23:32 EST

Hi all!

I'm trying to debug my kernel using a serialline to another machine. I'm
am interested in getting all of the bootoutput to the other machine. I
have activated the CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE option in the tested
kernel, which is run with the option console=/dev/ttyS0,96008n. I'm using
minicom on the other machine, but nothing is shown in minicom. I have also
tried to cat /dev/ttyS0 on the other machine while booting the test
machine, still nothing.

Any suggestions? Is this at all possible?

Søren Nøhr Christensen
Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University