Re: Serial ATA (SATA) on Linux status report

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 00:29:55 EST

Jeff Garzik írta:
Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
Could it be that Region 1 of the Promise controller contains
the PATA I/O ports? Then it could be driven with a drivers/ide
driver... Maybe common locking is needed between sata_promise.c
and a driver for it's PATA side, I don't know.

Nope, the PATA ports are stuck in the same place as the SATA ports...

Jeff

Then the solution could be be that drivers/ide/ide.c generic
functions must be bridged/duplicated (short term) or moved (long term)
to libata. And maybe in 2.7 drivers/ide ll drivers are rewritten
(again) to use it from there.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi