Re: Serial ATA (SATA) on Linux status report

From: Fisher Alex
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 09:46:40 EST

> Serial ATA (SATA) for Linux
> status report
> May 10, 2004
>

> Hardware support
> ================
>

> Marvell
> -------
> libata driver status: in progress

Hi.
Does anybody know when this driver might become available?
I'm currently trying to operate a Marvell 88SX6041 with a binary only
module and read operations from multiple disks are giving me grief :(

I've noticed that sata support will be going into 2.4.27 and the patch
looks very clean. Will backporting sata support to an older 2.4.20-pre2
kernel (http://source.mvista.com:14690//linuxppc_2_4_galileo) be as
hassle free?

Many thanks,
Alex

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify Thales Underwater Systems on +44 1963
370 551. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or