Re: [RFC/PATCH] inotify -- a dnotify replacement

From: raven
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 10:39:05 EST

Hi John.

On Sun, 9 May 2004, John McCutchan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been working on inotify a dnotify replacement.

I have a rather unusual requirement for notification events.

I've had a brief look at the code but it doesn't look like it would
cater for it.

Would this allow me to receive a notification when a directory is
passed over during a path walk?

Could this strategy be adapted to notify an in kernel module?
Or is this overkill for what I'm asking?

Ian