Re: 2.6.11-rc4 doubles CPU temperature

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 06:42:32 EST

Hi Ben,

Ben Castricum wrote:
For some weird reason, 2.6.11-rc4 up to the current BK tree about doubles my CPU temperature from 20 degrees Celcius to 40 while
everything else is unchanged (load/processes/config). The system
does seem a bit more sluggish, but that may just be a feeling. (...)
I haven't got a clue on how to analyse this problem so I really appreciate
any info or suggestions I get. Please help me.

If you have an Asus AS99127F chip, the value reported before in sysfs were not correct, the new ones are.

http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg29730.html

40 degrees C is a fairly reasonable temperature for a CPU diode, there's nothing to be afraid of. At any rate it's more reasonable than the incredibly low 20 degrees C temperature you had before, as Robert Hancock noticed in an earlier post.

Hope that helps,
--
Jean Delvare