Touchpad "tapping" changes in 2.6.11?

From: Henrik Persson
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 08:17:33 EST

Hi there.

I noticed that the ALPS driver was added to 2.6.11, a thing that alot of people probably like, but since my touchpad (Acer Aspire 1300XV) worked perfectly before (like, 2.6.10) and now the ALPS driver disables 'hardware tapping', wich makes it hard to tap. I commented out the disable-tapping bits in alps.c and now it's working like a charm again.

Maybe the hardware tapping-thing should be configurable via some boot or config option?

--
Henrik Persson