Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 04:13:49 EST

Christoph Hellwig writes:

> Those DRI callers aren't in mainline but introduced in bk-drm.patch,
> looks like the DRI folks need beating with a big stick..

Settle down Christoph, the compat_ioctl method is less than 3 months
old, has only been in one official 2.6.x release, and isn't documented
at all in the Documentation directory AFAICS. Don't be so impatient.

Anyway, I did the 32-bit ioctl conversion stuff for the DRM. I'll
look at changing it to use compat_ioctl. The big question of course
is whether the DRM code will work correctly without the BKL held.

Paul.