Re: rootdelay

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 03:02:49 EST

Hi David,

On 26 Apr 2005 21:54:35 +0200, David N. Welton <davidw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, I most certainly will polish the code as much as possible should
> it prove of interest, but I think what needs vetting is the idea
> itself, which I described clearly in english in a subsequent email.
> If the idea itself stinks, I'm happy to drop it before spending time
> playing around with indentation and other niceties.

But see, that's the problem. You think _other people_ should spend
time reviewing your work first so _you_ don't have to waste time.
Unfortunately, it looks to me like no one is willing to spend their
time reviewing a patch which (a) does not follow
Documentation/CodingStyle and (b) is not submitted as per
Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

I mean, how much work is it to run you code through scripts/Lindent
and drop those awful function banner comments and resend the patch?-)

Pekka