Re: Novell Linux Kernel Debugger (NLKD)

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 14:58:09 EST

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:21 +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > While I never used or saw kdb, I'd be curious about what you immediately saw missing...
>
> Um, you guys developed your own kernel debugger without looking at KDB
> first? How would you know you're not just reinventing the wheel?

Isnt the name "Novell ..." already a giveway? This is some kind of
corporate management artifact. Someone wants to do something good for the
poor Linux community that has no debuggers available and they just got
something from somewhere that is going nowhere (merger?). They are in the
period clueing in to opensource. Just give them some time .....

Hint to Novell Management : You own SuSE who
has provided KDB with their kernel for quite some time.