Re: [RFC] SPI core -- revisited

From: Vitaly Wool
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 22:41:44 EST

Alexey Dobriyan wrote:

+static void *phys_spi_data_reg = 0;

NULL for pointers.

+void spipnx_select_chip (void)
+{
+ unsigned reg = gpio_read_reg (PADMUX1_MODE0);
+ gpio_write_reg ((reg & ~GPIO_PIN_SPI_CE), PADMUX1_MODE0); }

Closing brackets on the separate line, _please_.

+static void spipnx_spi_init (void *algo_data) {

As well as opening ones.

--- /dev/null
+++ linux-2.6.10/drivers/spi/spi-pnx010x_atmel.c

Hm, as far as I understand, this patch is not intended to become a part of kernel; neither it is posted to go through a formal review. It's just an example usage of the SPI core, isn't it?

What I would like to see, however, is dealing with the scatter-gather lists. I guess this should be in algorithm, isn't it?