Re: [ckrm-tech] [patch 25/38] CKRM e18: Add fork rate control to the numtasks controller

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 11:37:42 EST

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:07:50PM +0900, Naoaki Maeda wrote:
> Gerrit Huizenga wrote:>
> +By default, the sys_total_tasks is set to 131072(128k), and forkrate is set
> > +to 1 million and forkrate_interval is set to 3600 seconds. Which means the
> > +total number of tasks in a system is limited to 131072 and the forks are
> > +limited to 1 million per hour.
>
> From the same point of view, the default value of forkrate should be
> no limit. (In addition, 1 million tasks per hour is not an abnormally
> high rate.)

It is quite high. however, in some applications I can immagine that a
machine would indeed trigger a very high fork rate.

For example, a machine that runs lots of shell scripts that call each
other, may all of a sudden be forking the required 300/second....

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement.