Re: [RFC] use radix_tree for non-resident page tracking

From: WU Fengguang
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 10:19:12 EST

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:37:47PM +0800, Yingchao Zhou wrote:
> The paper "The Performance Impact of Kernel Prefetching On Buffer
> Cache Replacement Algorithms" appeared in SIGMETRICS05 gives some
> interesting relative results of replacement algorithm when taking
Thanks for the information, it should help my work on read-ahead.
I noticed similar problem when testing read-ahead behavior for fs-on-loop.
The basic conclusion is read-ahead in the block device level can
complement file level read-ahead, for the latter does not do inter-file
read-ahead. But it has to be limited/conservative, because the risk of
cache miss is much higher.
> into account of prefetching. How about the situation in CLOCK-Pro
> project?
Sorry, I'm new to CLOCK-Pro, too...

--
WU Fengguang