Re: modalias entries for ccw devices

From: Bastian Blank
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 10:49:12 EST

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:36:58PM +0200, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> Hmm, never heard of modalias. Arnd has done the module loading for ccw
> devices. That must be something rather new.

Yes, it is rather new.

> No, but as far as I can tell after glancing at the modalias
> implementation in usb this would make sense for ccw as well.

Hmm, I don't find device tables in ctc.ko and lcs.ko, can that be fixed
at the same time?

Hmm, something else. Wasn't there a cu type or device type clash between
escon and lcs, or was that only related to chan types reported by the
2.4 kernels?

Bastian

--
Emotions are alien to me. I'm a scientist.
-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3