Re: modalias entries for ccw devices

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 11:11:48 EST

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 17:48 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > No, but as far as I can tell after glancing at the modalias
> > implementation in usb this would make sense for ccw as well.
>
> Hmm, I don't find device tables in ctc.ko and lcs.ko, can that be fixed
> at the same time?

That is because ctc and lcs are group device drivers. The ccw device
driver is the cu3088 driver. You'll get an lcs/ctc device by "grouping"
two of the cu3088 device together.

> Hmm, something else. Wasn't there a cu type or device type clash between
> escon and lcs, or was that only related to chan types reported by the
> 2.4 kernels?

Yes, the 2.6 group devices have emerged from the 2.4 chandev devices
(and thank god that we got rid of that junk).

--
blue skies,
Martin

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH