Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 01:22:53 EST

* Badari Pulavarty <pbadari@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>

> I am getting similar segfault on boot problem on 2.6.14-rc4-rt1 on my
> x86-64 box (with LATENCY_TRACE).

> INIT: version 2.86 booting
> hotplug[877]: segfault at ffffffff8010f588 rip ffffffff8010f588 rsp
> 00007fffff8bee68 error 15

what does the ffffffff8010f588 RIP address map to? You can find out by
building the kernel via DEBUG_INFO, then doing 'gdb vmlinux' and 'list
*0xffffffff8010f588'. NOTE: the RIP might change in a DEBUG_INFO
compile, so you'll need to reboot.

Another method is to disassemble the vmlinux via 'objdump -d vmlinux >
vmlinux.asm', and to search for that RIP value in an editor - could you
send me the surrounding assembly code? (~20 lines are enough)

Ingo