Re: [linux-pm] [RFC] userland swsusp

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 03:45:54 EST

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 22:07 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Gwe, 2005-11-18 at 22:23 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > 1) accessing non-ram memory (eg PCI mmio space) by X and the likes
> > (ideally should use sysfs but hey, changing X for this will take
> > forever)
>
> Once sysfs supports the relevant capabilities fixing X actually doesn't
> look too horrible

I think the kernel already supports this since at least july if not
earlier. If there's something missing... someone needs to speak up..

(yes vga arbitrage is missing but well that's not there today by any
means either so not a regression)

> , the PCI mapping routines are abstracted and done by
> PCITAG (ie PCI device). You would need the ISA hole too in some cases.

this may need /dev/mem a bit longer, but hopefully is rarer. Once the
pci side is fixed I bet this only is easy to do as well