Re: RFC [patch 13/34] PID Virtualization Define new task_pid api

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 15:39:53 EST

Kirill Korotaev <dev@xxxxx> writes:

> This is exactly the reason why we allow host system to see all the
> containers/VPSs/processes.

Which makes for a really hairy, and noticably different logical implementation.
At least that was my impression when glancing at your patches. I haven't
had a chance to look at them in depth yet.

> Otherwise monitoring tools should be fixed for it, which doesn't look good and
> top/ps/kill are not the only tools in the world.
> Without such functionality you can't understand whether you machine is
> underloaded or overloaded.

Look at my code please. I think it is a place in the problem domain
you haven't considered.

Except for detailed information everything is there for existing tools.

Eric