Re: cannot load *any* modules with 2.4 kernel

From: George Nychis
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 20:03:42 EST

Okay, so heres what I did. I downloaded modutils version 2.4.27 and
extracted it to /usr/local/modutils

Then in my 2.4.32 kernel's Makefile, I changed the DEPMOD variable to
point to /usr/local/modutils/sbin/depmod

Then I build the kernel with:
make dep && make bzImage modules modules_install && make install

So then my initrd gets generated, I reboot to the 2.4.32 kernel, and
thats where i'm at now.

So then for instance I goto /lib/modules/2.4.32/net and do:
/usr/local/modutils/sbin/insmod 8390.o

and I see all those unresolved symbols

So maybe now that you have more info, we can figure something out.

Thanks!
George