KBUILD tries to make initramfs contents :-)

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 09:04:54 EST

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised :-)

I'm using a file list for initramfs generation. It's something like:

file /sbin/udev /usr/local/i386/build/udev/udev 0555 0 0
file /sbin/udevd /usr/local/i386/build/udev/udevd 0555 0 0

/usr/local/i386/build/udev directory contains full udev sources, not
just the executables.

Now "make linux" wants to rebuild udev executables, using kernel
build rules :-)

All details are of course available on request if needed.

This is 2.6.17, I haven't checked it but I think the change to
usr/Makefile which causes this is:

commit d39a206bc35d46a3b2eb98cd4f34e340d5e56a50