Re: 2.6.17-ck1: fcache problem...

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 09:07:37 EST

On Tue, Jun 27 2006, Paolo Ornati wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:24:57 +0200
> Paolo Ornati <ornati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So I suppose that it's already fixed.
> >
> > :)
>
> Oppss... even with your GIT tree it doesn't work :(
>
> But this time I think I've found the problem:
>
> --- fs/ext3/super.c ---
>
> ext3_remount()
> {
> unsigned long fcache_devnum = 0;
> if (!parse_options(data, sb, NULL, NULL, &fcache_devnum, &n_blocks_count, 1))
> if (fcache_devnum) {
> ext3_close_fcache(sb);
> ext3_open_fcache(sb, fcache_devnum);
> }
> }
>
> ---------------------
>

> If I understand correctly I have to pass the "fdev=..." option not only
> when remounting "rw" but even when remounting "ro" before shutdown or
> reboot.
>
> Cannot the code figure out this himself al let "mount -o remount,ro"
> work?

It could be fixed up, yes, but for now you have to always pass the fdev
option for it to work. Sorry, I thought you knew that, I think I wrote
that in the original mail as well.

But it needs to be fixed of course, also so you don't have to do it for
'rw' remounts (which I sometimes do just to check stats).

--
Jens Axboe