Re: Fwd: Using select in boolean dependents of a tristate symbol

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 16:15:52 EST

On 7/14/06, Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What you could do is to use "select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS if HID" to make it
visible that this dependency is actually for select.
This point is a little subtle and I'm not completely happy with it, maybe
I'm going to split this into two select variations - one which includes
all the dependencies and one which only uses the config symbol to select.

Roman,

Another question for you - what is the best way to describe
dependancy of a sub-option on a subsystem so you won't end up with the
subsystem as a module and user built in. Something like

config IBM_ASM
tristate "Device driver for IBM RSA service processor"
depends on X86 && PCI && EXPERIMENTAL
config IBM_ASM_INPUT
bool "Support for remote keyboard/mouse"
depends on IBM_ASM && (INPUT=y || INPUT=IMB_ASM)

But the above feels yucky. Could we have something like:

depends on matching(INPUT, IBM_ASM)

Thank you.

--
Dmitry