Re: ZONE_NORMAL memory exhausted by 4000 TCP sockets

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 01:00:28 EST

Zhao Xiaoming a écrit :
On 11/6/06, Eric Dumazet <dada1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In fact, your kernel has CONFIG_4KSTACKS, kernel thread stacks use 4K instead
of 8K.

If you want to increase LOWMEM, (and keep 32bits kernel), you can chose a
2G/2G user/kernel split, instead of the 3G/1G default split.
(see config : CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G)

Eric

Thank you for your advice. I know increase LOMEM could be help, but
now my concern is why I lose my 500M bytes memory after excluding all
known memory cost.

Unfortunatly you dont provide very much details.
AFAIK you didnt even gave whcih version of linux you run, which programs you run...
You keep answering where you 'lost' your mem, it's quite buging.
Maybe some Oracles on this list will see the light for you, before exchanging 100 mails with you ?