arcmsr destiny

From: Yaroslav Halchenko
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 00:39:37 EST

Dear Kernel People,

I've spent some time trying to figure out what has happened with an
attempt to adapt arcmsr driver. Its timeline within -mm branch
seems to stop at removal of areca-raid-linux-scsi-driver.patch within
2.6.18-rc3-mm1, but announcement.txt doesn't have any description why
that happened and if there is intent of future development.

As I understood from the correspondence included in the patchfile, the
driver as it was provided by the manufacture is not very nice or at
least has some issues. Thus I would be really thrilled to see it
adopted in the mainstream of kernel development.

For now I am running arcmsr as it is shipped by the manufacture on
2.6.18.2 kernel.

Thank you for any output regarding my question
--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark