Re: arcmsr destiny

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 03:30:43 EST

Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
Dear Kernel People,

I've spent some time trying to figure out what has happened with an
attempt to adapt arcmsr driver. Its timeline within -mm branch
seems to stop at removal of areca-raid-linux-scsi-driver.patch within
2.6.18-rc3-mm1, but announcement.txt doesn't have any description why
that happened and if there is intent of future development.

As I understood from the correspondence included in the patchfile, the
driver as it was provided by the manufacture is not very nice or at
least has some issues. Thus I would be really thrilled to see it
adopted in the mainstream of kernel development.

Not sure what you are asking. acrmsr was merged upstream, and will be in all future kernels.

Jeff