Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 LinuxKernel Summit

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 18:32:38 EST

Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
Don't confused KS with a conference;
it is a workshop for a very, very large, very very active project.

... and *growing*, which is the real issue I think.

Something that might make sense for KS is to have multiple sessions (perhaps replacing some or all of the "mini-summits" that have cropped up) combined with some bigger, overall sessions. At least that way there would be more cross-pollination between the various groups than if we eventually end up meeting everywhere.

That's of course only practical if KS is separated from any other conference (like OLS.)

-hpa