Re: boot cgroup questions

From: Paul Menage
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 15:16:40 EST

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Paul Jackson <pj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul M -- could we take a different tack here -- extend cgroups to map
> -either- tasks or irqs to the managed resources?

Not cgroups, no. If you really wanted to extend cpusets specifically
to allow irqs to be assigned to a cpuset to control which cpus they
could execute on, then that might be a possibility. But I don't see
how this would be useful for any other cgroup subsystem, so it doesn't
belong in the generic framework.

My feeling is that just using a simple bitmask assignment, unrelated
to cpusets or cgroups, as Max suggested in his later email is the way
to go.

Paul