Re: Trying to make use of hotplug memory for xen balloon driver

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 02:09:40 EST

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:
At first, I believe usual DIMM size is bigger than SECTION_SIZE_BITS. This is
designed for hardware-based hotplug.

If you want to use memory-hotplug for virtualized enviroment, it's good to make
this to be smaller chunk. Powerpc/IBM lpar uses 16MB chunk.

It's a trade-off between section mainainance cost v.s. size of plugged memory.
please find the best.

Yes, that's what I thought. I'd been thinking of something around the 64-256MB mark. I'll experiment, but I've got some Xen-specific problems to solve first.

Thanks,