Re: V4L2: switch to register_chrdev_region: needs testing/review of release() handling

From: David Ellingsworth
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 18:27:29 EST

I like what you've done with this, it's very close to the patch I had
in mind. I especially like the way you hijacked cdev's kobj release..
I hadn't considered that. I would have sent you my version, but it was
based on the old videodev.c and needed to be redone after the videodev
split. The associated patch which moves cdev_del to video_release is
definitely the right thing to do. I don't know if it means much, but I
ACK this patch with the associated patch that moves cdev_del to
video_release.

ACKed by David Ellingsworth