Re: [malware-list] scanner interface proposal was: [TALPA] Intro to a linuxinterface for on access scanning (fwd)

From: tvrtko . ursulin
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 06:31:31 EST

David Lang wrote on 18/08/2008 02:25:44:

> what is not covered by this design that is covered by the threat model
being
> proposed?
>
> what did I over complicate in this design? or is it the minimum feature
set
> needed?
>
> are any of the features I list impossible to implement?

One more thing - this proposal does not work where there are no extended
attributes (whether at all or they are disabled at mount time). I think
that is a serious flaw or at least disadvantage compared to the posted
implementation.

--
Tvrtko A. Ursulin
Senior Software Engineer, Sophos

"Views and opinions expressed in this email are strictly those of the
author.
The contents has not been reviewed or approved by Sophos."

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon,
OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.

Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.