RE: [SFI-devel] [RFC/PATCH 2.6.32] Simple Firmware Interface (SFI):initial support

From: Justen, Jordan L
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 19:00:54 EST

Len,

> Should a platform require them, any and all of the ACPI
> defined/reserved tables can be accessed on an SFI system
> if needed. Today, the PCI MCFG is the only ACPI table
> implemented in the known universe of SFI systems.

When for ACPI tables are used in SFI, they retain the common
ACPI header format, including the OEM Revision, Creator ID and
Creator Revision fields unlike the other SFI structure, correct?

Regarding stripping those fields from the SFI structures,
how much space does it save in a typical system versus if they
had retained the common header format that ACPI defines?

-Jordan