Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree

From: Alexander Graf
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 05:41:23 EST

Am 27.04.2010 um 06:49 schrieb Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c: In function 'kvmppc_core_vcpu_create':
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1241: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzalloc'
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1241: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1281: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfree'

Caused by commit 046cdc052ffcbf1ee1c627ef811031d18654bafe ("KVM: PPC:
Improve indirect svcpu accessors") from the kvm tree.

You have to include slab.h directly to use kzalloc/kfree ...

I have applied the following patch for today.

Thank you. Is that behavior new? I didn't get any breakage when compile testing myself.

Will this commit automatically move back to kvm.git or is there any intervention required from my side?

Alex