Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 07:36:49 EST

On 04/28/2010 12:41 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

Am 27.04.2010 um 06:49 schrieb Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c: In function 'kvmppc_core_vcpu_create':
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1241: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzalloc'
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1241: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c:1281: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfree'

Caused by commit 046cdc052ffcbf1ee1c627ef811031d18654bafe ("KVM: PPC:
Improve indirect svcpu accessors") from the kvm tree.

You have to include slab.h directly to use kzalloc/kfree ...

I have applied the following patch for today.

Thank you. Is that behavior new? I didn't get any breakage when compile testing myself.

Probably .config dependent.

Will this commit automatically move back to kvm.git or is there any intervention required from my side?

Marcelo or me need to apply it.