Re: kernel BUG in iwl-agn-rs.c:2076, WAS: iwlagn + some accesspoint == hardlock

From: Christian Borntraeger
Date: Thu May 06 2010 - 05:14:44 EST

Am Montag 03 Mai 2010 21:22:19 schrieb John W. Linville:
> > /* Sanity-check TPT calculations */
> > BUG_ON(window->average_tpt != ((window->success_ratio *
> > tbl->expected_tpt[index] + 64) / 128));
>
> Interestingly enough, we have been discussing this line of code today. Could you try the patch here?
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=127290931304496&w=2

I also see a hard lockup some time after connection to my companies
wireless network. My private network does not seem to trigger that bug.
Unfortunately the kernel is not able to switch back graphics, so I
cannot tell if I see the same BUG - even if the problem description is
the same.
For reference, the patch above does not help on my T61p.

It started soon after 2.6.34-rc4. Before and with rc4 I had to
apply this http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/49850/mbox/ patch to avoid
the other crash. With only this patch on top of rc4 everything seemed to
work fine, so the lockup seems to be triggered by one of the other patches.
Sometimes it takes some minutes to crash, which makes it hard to bisect
the problem.

Christian