Re: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: Wouter Simons
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 07:44:23 EST

On 08/11/2010 12:53 PM, viresh kumar wrote:
I couldn't find preformat. Is this same as plain text? If so i have tried it.
I am not facing problem while writing mails from thunderbird but while receiving
patches on thunderbird.

My thunderbird with default settings does not replace tabs with spaces. Perhaps the difference between outlook and thunderbird has to do with the method of connecting? On thunderbird you probably use IMAP to get your email from exchange, the IMAP system is horrible on exchange.

I suspect it has to do with the implementation of rules regarding spaces. The conformance documentation [1] of MS does not detail this sufficiently, but I am pretty sure that if you use an alternate mail client you will see the spaces replaced also when connecting through IMAP.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624585%28v=EXCHG.80%29.aspx

Wouter