Re: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 09:33:06 EST

On 08/11/2010 03:11 AM, Valeo de Vries wrote:
On 11 August 2010 08:01, viresh kumar<viresh.kumar@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/11/2010 3:34 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM, viresh kumar<viresh.kumar@xxxxxx> wrote:
Mail server in ST has recently changed and now we have Microsoft
exchange server. We are using thunderbird as mail client.
What we observed with this server is that patch are broken now while
sending as well as receiving. Tabs are replaced by spaces and may
be some other too which we haven't observed.

Has anybody found a solution to this kind of issues? Are there any
workarounds possible?
Same in Nokia. I wrote a script to fix exchange's crap, but I also
noticed some quoted-printable mails didn't get converted, so the
easiest would be to tell git to always send quoted-printable.

Hi Guys

The situation has changed now.
We are informed that SP2 is already in place in ST and mail client is not
doing any tampering.

When i send a mail using git send-email then it receives fine on
outlook but on thunderbird, tabs are converted to spaces.

This doesn't happen with every patch on thunderbird, but only a few.
And observation is that it happens only with big patches.
(more than 500 lines)

Any idea, how to solve issue now on thunderbird??

You might be in luck:

* Choose View – Toolbars to ensure that the formatting toolbar is visible,
then at the left of the formatting toolbar change Body Text to Preformat.
(lifted straight from Google)

HTH,
Valeo

cool... glad it's semi some what working.. doing a quick google Im getting directed to Documentation/email-clients.txt for thunderbird
in the above procedure.
(hope the above last post fixes your issue, and/or in email-clients.txt)

Justin P. Mattock