Re: [linux-pm] Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread,take three

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 06:46:32 EST

> I guess I don't, either -- there are some parts of the kernel used by only a
> handful of users... and here we speak about million users...

Because in general the bits for a small user base don't leak out into
other bits of the kernel. It's a much higher barrier if you want to
affect other people's code because it is asking everyone else to help
maintain stuff they don't need.

That's not to say sometimes its not the right choice, but I still find it
remarkable that nobody else but Android seems to want it,.
Alan