Re: [GIT PULL] ext4 update for 2.6.39-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 13:03:52 EST

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull from:
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus
>
> to get the ext4 updates for the 2.6.39 merge window.

Ok, guys, can you verify my merge? In one branch, we had Tejun change
it to use "alloc_workqueue()", and in another, ext4 switched from
create_workqueue() to create_singlethread_workqueue().

My resolution was to use WQ_UNBOUND in allow_workqueue() in the
resulting merge, which I think should be semantically the correct
resolve. But the commit message in the create_singlethread_workqueue()
change seems to imply that the single-threadedness isn't a
_correctness_ issue as much as it is just a "we don't need multiple
threads" issue, so maybe the WQ_UNBOUND isn't necessary. So WQ_UNBOUND
may or may not be a good idea.

Regardless, please give it a look, ok?

Linus