Re: mm: convert vma->vm_flags to 64bit

From: KOSAKI Motohiro
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 04:34:50 EST

> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 09:44 +0300, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> > > Yes, I take Hugh's version because vm_flags_t is ugly to me. And
> > arch
> > > dependent variable size is problematic.
> >
> > Who said it should have arch-dependent size?
>
> Right, it shouldn't. My original patch did that to avoid thinking about
> archs that manipulated it from asm such as ARM but that wasn't the right
> thing to do. But that doesn't invalidate having a type.

type or not type is really cosmetic matter. Then, only if Andrew or Hugh
or another active MM developers strongly requrest to make a type, I'll do.
But, now I haven't hear it.

In short, When both are right code, I prefer to take MM developers preference.
That's MM code. This is the reason why I taked Hugh's choice.

Thanks.