Despite of traffic control on host netdevice, is it worth to impose alimit control on qemu emulated net device?

From: Liu ping fan
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 22:31:12 EST

Hi,

As we know, in order to control the guest OS's TX rate limit, we can
apply rate limit on ingress Qdisc of host's tap device.
But I think skb will be dropped on host's tap ingress Qdisc, which
means that for those protocol lacking of congestion control such as
UDP, it will cost a lot of meaningless time to produce dropped packet
.

What about introducing rate limit on qemu's emulated net device? I
think guest's UDP transaction will be blocked at wait_for_wmem.

Thanks and regards,
pingfan