Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.9-rt21

From: Ove Karlsen
Date: Sat Dec 08 2012 - 20:08:45 EST

On 12/8/2012 4:28 PM, jdow wrote:
On 2012/12/08 16:48, Ove Karlsen wrote:
Heya. As some may remember, I said I was going to build an E5 machine. Well I
did, well atleast ordered the most similar to what I wanted, and exchanged the
graphics-card (pcie3.0) only. I was completely correct in that this machine,
would have low-jitter
/low-latency. And it completely lives up to expectations. So if you want
low-jitter (think amiga, if that references means something to you), definately
get an E5 (with direct i/o).

Threadirqs also works on this computer.

Ah, yes, we did do some surprising things with those old boxes. Richmond
Sound Design had some applications for assisting stage managers in
theatrical, theme park, and other presentation applications. The jitter
compared to latency was remarkably low considering the age of the boxes.

{^_-} We you ever on BIX? (I don't recognize the name, though.)
Joanne
Yeah, we have finally caught up, and that is a very good thing. No I was never on BIX.

Peace Be WIth You.