Re: [PROBLEM] perf requires python-devel to compile

From: Michael Witten
Date: Tue Apr 16 2013 - 16:54:23 EST

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:32:08 -0700, David Ahern wrote:

> On 4/16/13 10:08 AM, Michael Witten wrote:
>> You should probably disable python support more directly:
>>
>> make NO_LIBPYTHON=1
>
> sure, but I should not have to do anything. The intent of the existing
> auto-probing code is to figure out what is installed and build a binary
> with those capabilities. In this case not having python installed causes
> it to blow up.

That's certainly how it behaved up until the regression.

To make matters worse, the NO_LIBPYTHON variable is checked only *after*
probing for an executable `python'; in the case that no python is installed
at all, the workaround is to double up on your current trick:

make PYTHON=false PYTHON_CONFIG=false