Re: sparc64 WARNING: at mm/mmap.c:2757 exit_mmap+0x13c/0x160()

From: mroos
Date: Wed Apr 16 2014 - 18:49:54 EST

> > Just for the archives, I got one of these again with 3.14:
>
> Meelis and Aaro, thanks again for all of your reports.
>
> After pouring over a lot of the data and auditing some code I'm
> suspecting it's a problem with transparent huge pages.
>
> One thing you two can do to help me further confirm this is to run
> with THP disabled for a while and see if you still get the log
> messages.

I have snice turned off CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE on 3 of 4 servers
that had this problem (actually most of my sparc64 machines) and the 4th
has

CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE=y
CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE=y
# CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE_ALWAYS is not set
CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE_MADVISE=y
# CONFIG_HUGETLBFS is not set
# CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is not se

and also has not had this problem since then. All 4 machines have been
running through most -rc's of every kernel.

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>