Re: [GIT PULL 0/4] perf/urgent fixes

From: Jiri Olsa
Date: Wed Apr 23 2014 - 09:49:47 EST

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:14:33PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> (Just reporting two bugs I found today - unrelated to your the
> perf/urgent pull request.)
>
> 1)
>
> Even when the most modern unwind library is found, the autodetection
> is spammy:
>

> Auto-detecting system features:
> ... dwarf: [ on ]
> ... glibc: [ on ]
> ... gtk2: [ on ]
> ... libaudit: [ on ]
> ... libbfd: [ on ]
> ... libelf: [ on ]
> ... libnuma: [ on ]
> ... libperl: [ on ]
> ... libpython: [ on ]
> ... libslang: [ on ]
> ... libunwind: [ on ]
> ... libdw-dwarf-unwind: [ on ]
> ... DWARF post unwind library: libunwind
>
> The 'DWARF post unwind library' line is somewhat superfluous. I
> realize that it prints out the library selected - but that's obvious
> from the 'libdw-dwarf-unwind' line above it already, right?

nope, the on/off output is only whats detected in system,
you've got both libunwind and libdw-dwarf-unwind detected

libunwind is default unless you use NO_LIBUNWIND=1

> Furthermore, it breaks the autodetection output format.

we could move it to the 'make VF=1' output ;-) like:

Auto-detecting system features:
... dwarf: [ on ]
... glibc: [ on ]
... gtk2: [ on ]
... libaudit: [ on ]
... libbfd: [ on ]
... libelf: [ on ]
... libnuma: [ on ]
... libperl: [ on ]
... libpython: [ on ]
... libslang: [ on ]
... libunwind: [ on ]
... libdw-dwarf-unwind: [ on ]
... backtrace: [ on ]
... fortify-source: [ on ]
... gtk2-infobar: [ on ]
... libelf-getphdrnum: [ on ]
... libelf-mmap: [ on ]
... libpython-version: [ on ]
... on-exit: [ on ]
... stackprotector-all: [ on ]
... timerfd: [ on ]
... libunwind-debug-frame: [ OFF ]
... bionic: [ OFF ]

... prefix: /home/jolsa
... bindir: /home/jolsa/bin
... libdir: /home/jolsa/lib64
... sysconfdir: /home/jolsa/etc
... LIBUNWIND_DIR:
... LIBDW_DIR:

... DWARF post unwind library: libunwind

jirka