Re: [Nouveau] REGRESSION: Kernel PANIC 8777c5c11764d8336d8270f96778158c34c92108 - drm/nouveau/dp: probe dpcd to determine connectedness

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Date: Tue Jun 17 2014 - 01:47:05 EST

Hello Ben,

> > 8777c5c11764d8336d8270f96778158c34c92108 (which is mentioned as the
> > first bad commit above...) is a tiny commit, so I have no idea what
> > you mean by "too large for your taste".

for example I would not export a symbol and do something else in the
same commit, but would split them up in two. I do the minimum work per
commit without breaking compilation or functionality. That way it is
easier to identify issues later on.

> In any case, I encountered the oops myself earlier (absolutely nothing
> to do with that commit) and fixed it here. I've sent it onto Dave for
> the next -fixes merge, so hopefully it'll help your case too.

Can you please send me your fix. I can reboot my machine remotely, but
only once. That way I can tell you if your fix works, or not.

> I have no idea why gmail doesn't auto-add you to the Cc list on reply
> all.. But.. Done :)

thanks.

Cheers,
Thomas