Re: fs-fat: Less function calls in fat_fill_super() after error detection

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Sat Nov 29 2014 - 11:09:08 EST

SF Markus Elfring <elfring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> More labels are more chances of bug (and we don't care micro optimize
>> on this error path), isn't it?
>
> I would prefer that a few jump targets can be redirected so that unnecessary
> function calls (and corresponding checks) can be avoided.

It is from real bugs in my experience, it saw several times those (mine
and other guys, in linux and others). And I think it doesn't have value
to maintain labels for micro optimization in *this error path* though.

So, if you or analyzer can check bugs by the patches affect to those
label usage in future,

Acked-by: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>