Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Feb 10 2015 - 16:26:13 EST

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Will try your suggestion,
>
> Nope, that wasn't it. It still hangs in the same place (I forgot to
> get rid of the red hat graphical boot screen so I didn't see the oops,
> but ..)

Just to confirm that yes, it's that particular commit 1d10eb2f156f.

I reverted it and things work again. So it's not the miscalculation of
"used" , but it's certainly *something* in that commit.

Oh well. I have a ton of other trees to pull, so I'll just drop this for now.

> Looking more closely at the generated code, and the fact that the oops
> was an access at offset 0x18 from a NULL pointer, it would *look* like
> it's this instruction:
>
> call *24(%rax) # MEM[(struct ablkcipher_tfm *)_48 + 8B].decrypt

Double-checked, and yes, "skcipher_recvmsg+0x360/0x410" is that call
to the decrypt routine.

So it looks like for some reason that

struct ablkcipher_tfm *crt =
crypto_ablkcipher_crt(crypto_ablkcipher_reqtfm(req));;

ends up being NULL in

crypto_ablkcipher_decrypt(&ctx->req)

causing the oops. I just don't see what the heck in that patch would
have changed any of that.

Linus