Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Feb 10 2015 - 16:50:29 EST

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just to confirm that yes, it's that particular commit 1d10eb2f156f.
>
> I reverted it and things work again. So it's not the miscalculation of
> "used" , but it's certainly *something* in that commit.

How about this?

- npages = (off + len + PAGE_SIZE - 1) >> PAGE_SHIFT;
+ npages = PAGE_ALIGN(off + n);

The two are not even *remotely* the same thing.

It's in af_alg_make_sg(), and it would seem to cause sg_init_table()
and the loop that does sg_set_page() do insane things. Possibly
including random memory scribbles etc. Which could explain anything.

Anyway, I'm now working on the other pulls I have, so I'll leave this
for now, but I think that might be it.

Linus